Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Full Armor of God


9.9.14
Key Scriptures: Rev 12; Eph 6:10-18
Teacher: Valencia

Tuesday night was amazing as Valencia shared with us the armor of God and how we as Christians should not be drinking in the liquor of the world. 

Reading all of Revelation 12, it is important that we must not let ourselves shallowly believe the hallmark card of Christianity. We as saints, are instructed to be alert and of sober mind, because we are not ignorant of Satan's devices. We must realize the spiritual war is real, and since Satan came after Jesus, he will definitely seek to kill, to steal, and to destroy us. 


Therefore we must we must intentionally put on the full armor of God (Eph 6:10-12), for Satan and his demons can see when we are not fully equipped. We should not be leaving ourselves vulnerable for attack  We must intentionally put on the full armor of God, because our battle is spiritual and not physical.
All pieces of the armor are essential:
  • Belt of truthà there is no falseness, girded in the truth of God’s Word, his Character, Jesus deity
  • Breastplate of righteousnessà Christ exchanged his righteousness for our sinfulness
  • Shoes/Gospel of Peaceà Walk in the peace Christ has given, a peace a stillness that surrounds all understanding, stabilityà in life, patience, peace equals pricelessness
  • Sword of the Spirità Double edged sword, Christ used it to defeat Satan
  • Shield of Faithà use your shield to block the fire from the dragon, our shields are activated by believing in God.
  • Helmet of Salvationà Mind Games, because the battle starts in the mind, we must not allow Satan to believe our salvation can be broken. That we must renew our hearts and mind
  • Prayerà prayer ties the warrior together
Questions to think about: 

How often do we pretend we are not at war? In what area of our lives, do we need to trust God? 

1 comment:

  1. I need to trust God with my future and education. I hide so much of academics because a huge part of me is ashamed of how I have fallen. I am not the scholar I used to be or was I ever really that intelligent? I need to have faith that my future is in his hands because I simply can't do it on my own. I have tried too many times and failed. I ask that you all pray for me in trusting that God is working behind the scenes and my come up is coming!! Pray for my laziness and confidence. I believe in the most high power, but I definitely need work on trusting him more in this area. I am taking it one day at a time.
    -Taevea

    ReplyDelete